Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Day After Surgery ::

Attractive, no? For a lot of years my eyelids have been sagging affecting my peripheral vision, especially in the afternoon and evening when I was tired. I tried to get insurance to cover this about 10 or 11 years ago and they wouldn't, but the condition had gotten worse in the past couple of years so I finally went back to the plastic surgeon and the insurance covered it this time. The photograph is from the day after the surgery which was on September 14. Actually I looked much worse the next day after I shot this self portrait.



I have always healed easily and well and this was no exception. As it turns out this was the only surgery I've ever had other than having my tonsils out when I was 4 or 5. I really wish I could have had this done much sooner because I can really tell a difference in my vision! Let me also say that I had absolutely no pain at any time which has surprised everyone. I even expected that having the stitches out would be painful, but other than some mile stinging there was no pain. I generally experience more pain when I give blood than I ever did during or after this surgery.

No comments: