Sunday, February 21, 2010

Buster Is Looking For More Remembrances ::

I think this is probably more of a guy type of thing though:


I'm looking for 'moonshine' stories which have a local lean.
Your ol' granddaddy may have had a select stash---- you might have had an uncle who would take a big gulp and chase it with the back of his hand-----you might have run across a still while you were once playing in the woods-- your uncles may have passed the bottle at a family gathering-mine did.
Jim Thornton, the father of Jimmy Thornton, told the story that when he was a youngster back in the 20's there was a blacksmith in Camden, who made 'shine in his downtown business and he would let the kids blow the bellast [sp.]
Hope you can help and if you are in contact w/ any other classmates or Camden friends, I would appreciate their stories.
Also, I had a good visit w/ Billy Sheorn this past Fri. and Billy Ammons and Ray Robinson and I are to go have lunch w/ James Williams soon. B.


No comments: