Saturday, July 9, 2011

Busted! ::

From this morning's State:

Authorities have arrested four people in Kershaw County after discovering three marijuana patches with a total of 114 plants during one of the county’s periodic helicopter flyovers, Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews said today.

Arrested Thursday and charged with cultivation of marijuana were Richard Barnes, 54, of Cassatt, Linda Faneite, 55, and Bernard Faneite, 57, both of Elgin, and Johna Burnes, 50, of Camden. An arrest warrant was issued for 36-year-old Don Laux of Camden.

Matthews could not say why those charged were growing the plants but speculated “it might have been to make some extra change or for personal consumption.” Pot smoking paraphernalia was found at one of the addresses, he said.



I think I know one of these people although I've never known her last name. I'll have to check it out.

[update] Nope, wrong Johna. Not a common name and that's what kinda threw me for a loop. I'm glad it's not the Johna I know!

No comments: