Saturday, November 22, 2014

News From Buster ::

I got this e-mail from Buster earlier today:

Been a tough week for our classmates.

Billy Sheorn and Pris McLoud have had medical setbacks.

Marcelle Bradley's Fortner husband has regressed due to his dementia---broke his hip and can not communicate.

Betty Jane McCallum Fort lost her husband to pancreatic cancer. He was a good guy and originally from Abbeville ( the birthplace of the Confederacy) and we would often talk Civil war history.

On a good note Julian Burns retired from the army as a 2 star, came back and was recently elected  Chairman of the Kershaw County Council.


I'm wishing the best for all of my former classmates, but I have to say that dementia just scares the crap out of me and the last thing I would want is to have to live like that. When my wife was in rehab after her accident I would visit her and see the stroke victims and it was heartbreaking to see the results!

No comments: