Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nuggets From Googling

There are lots of things archived on the world wide web. Here is one from the past:



Number 81 was, of course, Buster Beckham. Here's the caption which accompanies the photograph:

Buster Beckham (CHS 1965) scores against Stall in the 1964 Lower State finals. The Dogs won the game 30-6 and went on to beat Easley for the AA State Championship


This photograph and caption is up on a Camden Bulldog web site, but I don't believe it is correct. As I remember the only touchdown scored against this team was in the state championship game in Easley and it was the only touchdown scored against the team all year long. Here is another photograph:



This is, of course, Billy Ammons who was honored with a blurb in Sports Illustrated after this great season. I'll have to see if I can find the SI piece on the web and post it here!

[correction to the above post] I got an e-mail from Jim Ring today confirming that the caption was indeed correct and my memory, such as it is these days, is indeed defective! Where was Stall from? I don't remember that team at all!

No comments: