Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More Sad News ::

I have been in the habit of reading the obits in The State on-line edition each morning for several years and I found this item about the death of Katherine and Jerry Owen's daughter:

Born: Tuesday, October 27, 1970
Died: Sunday, May 04, 2008

CASSATT - Funeral service for Rebecca Elizabeth Owens, 37, will be held Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. at DeKalb Baptist Church with burial to follow in the church cemetery. Rev. Keith Coates and Rev. Denny Haston will officiate. The family will receive friends Tuesday 6-8 p.m. at Powers Funeral Home, Lugoff.
Mrs. Owens died Sunday, May 4, 2008. Born in Camden, she was a daughter of Jerry Sidney and Katherine Graham Owens. She enjoyed cooking and shopping, and was a avid animal lover.
Surviving are her husband, Michael Eugene Truesdale; father and mother of Cassatt; brother, Jimmy (Robin) Owens of Camden; sister, Amy (John) Truesdale of Cassatt; grandmother, Ruth Graham of Camden; nieces, Taylor Young, Kylee Owens, Sierra Anderson, Savanna Anderson and Madyson Anderson; and nephew, Lane Young. She was predeceased by a brother, Jay Owens.


I remember Katherine, Jerry, and Katherine's sister, Glenda, well and I have expressed my condolences on-line. I have a step-daughter about the same age whom I love dearly and I would be devastated if I lost her!

A couple of interesting things:
I probably would have missed this except for the mention of the grandmother, Ruth Graham.

My grandparents are buried in Dekalb Cemetery and here is a photograph I took there a couple of years ago:



I just happened to realize that there may be some family connection here that I never knew about. My grandparents were also Truesdales and I spent a good deal of the early years of my life in the DeKalb area.

No comments: