Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jammin' In July In Camden ::

Does Camden still have a Blues festival? I know my brother, Bill, and his family enjoyed this in years past so I went on the web to see what might be on tap for this year since I am a huge blues fan, but all I was able to find was Jammin' in July. Lo and behold who would be playing in Camden but Webb Wilder and the Beatnecks. Webb's web site says that he will go on at 9:45pm on July 12 and, let me tell you, if I happen to be in Camden on that night I will be there to see Webb and his band. I heartily recommend that anyone who enjoys a good high energy rock and roll show go see Webb. There will not be any shagging music, but you will definitively enjoy the show.

I have been going to Webb Wilder shows since the mid eighties when he was the initial opening act at The Cotton Club (now defunct) on Peachtree Street in Atlanta. I saw Webb and the band earlier in the spring at a small club here in Huntsville which has an outside courtyard where the bands play. It is a great venue and, best of all, its free! Webb was back about a month ago, but I was unable to attend that show.

I'm amazed that Webb will be playing in Camden! Don't miss this show if you can help it!

No comments: