Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Suzanne Brings Home The Bacon!

Literally!





I have a friend who, several years ago, killed 2 wild hogs in one day down in south Alabama and had no idea how to cook the hams. He and Judy could grill hot dogs and hamburgers, but were clueless about creative cooking. He gave me one of the hams and we made a fruit sauce much as one would use to cook a wild duck. I baked the ham in the oven for a couple of hours covered by the fruit sauce and then transferred it to the smoker for another 3 hours or so.

Eugene and Judy had a camper parked by Lake Guntersville and we took the cooked ham, just off the smoker, and a fine meal, complete with some cold adult beverages, was had by about 10 of us.

I'm working on another web site (very slowly) where I will be sharing a lot of my favorite recipes. Many years ago I discovered that I liked to cook and I am pretty good at it.

No comments: