Monday, June 22, 2009

Windows 7 ::

I was at a technical expo last Thursday and was given a couple of release copies of Windows 7 by Microsoft. I've been debating whether or not to load it up, but I think I'm gonna do it on the laptop in the next couple of days. One of the IT guys I work with has been running the beta of Windows 7 for the past few months and absolutely loves it, so I guess I'll take the plunge. The only thing about it is that the release copy self-destructs next year meaning I'll have to buy a full copy of the operating system, but I imagine it'll be worth it. If not I'll be out a coupla hundred bucks!

I'm trying to find out if Windows 7 will address more than 3 gigs of ram with Adobe Photoshop. The new computer build has 4 gigs installed now, but will accept 16 gigs although I only anticipate adding another 4 for a total of 8 gigs.

I see some video editing in my future!

No comments: