Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Still Around! ::

Not much at all has been going on, but I would hate to see the site die from inactivity so I'll post something, at least, every few days.

I just got through trimming and bathing my dog. No fun, but as I was finishing up 20 geese flew right overhead. If I still hunted I could have put at least 2 or 3 in the freezer, which I just finished cleaning out!

I sometime miss the duck hunting. Several friends and I used to hunt some beaver ponds on a feeder creek to Lake Guntersville years ago. It was a great place for Mallards and Wood Ducks, but we were in there early on a pretty cold weekday morning. The action was only fair with a few ducks in the pot, but the snow started falling just after sunrise and the scenery was magical. Luckily I had an understanding boss because I didn't go to work that day.

Now I fish.

No comments: