Sunday, April 6, 2008

Upcoming Posts ::

I've been out of pocket lately with some interesting projects at work. We're beginning to partner with archive.org to centralize NASA historical photographs which are deemed to be of interest to students, writers, and publishers. One site that I edit will be incorporated into the archive.org database and will, most probably be going away in a couple of months as we're looking at the new site going live sometime around the end of June. All of this came together this week at a time when we were preparing for The Great Moonbuggy races which are an annual event at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. The races bring national and international high school and university teams with their unique designs of what they conceive a moonbuggy to represent. Here is a photograph of one of the high school teams from the Friday competition:



I seem to have lost track of what I had originally posted about. The article about the Michael Christmas memorial has been published in the Camden newspaper. the Chronicle-Independent web site should be updated tomorrow (Monday), but I doubt if I will be able to get the entire article. Buster has indicated that he will send it out and I will post the article in its entirety when it is available.

I read what information is available on-line each week and I have been following the downtown revitalization project news with some interest. I will have some thoughts on this based on what I saw on neighborhood revitalization in Atlanta when I lived there.

A couple of years ago Gene Kranz spoke here at the Marshall Space Flight Center primarily about his experience as mission director of Apollo 13. Kranz is a wonderful motivational speaker and I have a DVD I can send anyone if they are interested. If you would like one send me and e-mail to the address over to the right and I'll get a copy out to you. Getting the direct recollections of the person who successfully headed the effort to bring home the crippled Apollo 13 was, to me, fascinating.

I apologize if this post seems to be a bit disjointed. I have been working on a headache for the past couple of hours which is very unusual. I can't remember when I last suffered from a headache.

Hoping a great week for everyone!

No comments: