Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Remembrance Of Larry From Jim Ring ::

Sad to hear about Larry. When we were kids he lived a few houses up the street from me. We were in the CHS band together. My most lasting memory of him from our childhoods was when my brother kirk burned up the Owen's front yard with some firecrackers during a particularly dry spell.
After high school I saw him once on campus at USC during the fall of 1965, then not again before Y2K. After that, just a few times until last December. After the social on Saturday night of the Michael Christmas dedication weekend we went to what I think is now called the Old Armory Restaurant (once The Paddock) and had a couple drinks and a real nice conversation. I had no idea he would be gone in less than a year. He probably didn't either. I can't think of any better motivation to live life to its' fullest and appreciate every day to the max because it can all be over so quickly. My thoughts are with Larry, his family and all who were close to him.

Jim

No comments: