Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gamecocks In The College World Series ::

I almost forgot about this and I'm watching in the 2nd inning with no score, as yet. USC can put it away tonight! Best of luck to them from someone who attended Clemson!

[update] UCLA scores. Now 1 to zip not in the Gamecocks favor!

[update] UCLA scores one, but the first base runner is thrown out trying to steal second. Gamecocks coming up to bat now

[update] Still 1 to zip, favor of UCLA, in the bottom of the 8th. Gonna go to bed so you have to get your own updates.

night, night!

[I lied--I'm still up and watching!] The Gamecocks have tied it up in the 8th with 2 out and a runner on 1st. Oops, the inning ends with the score tied.

[update] Going to the bottom of the 9th tied up with USC at bat. Fingers are crossed!

[update] Going into extra innings--definitely bed time right now. When I was younger I could have stayed up, but, unfortunately, I'm not the most interesting man in the world and I do have to work early tomorrow morning!

[next morning update]The photograph tells the story:


(photograph courtesy of The State)

Congratulations to the Gamecocks on winning the College World Series!

No comments: