Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reunion Attendees ::

If you plan to attend the reunion shoot me an e-mail (fred.deaton(at)gmail.com) so I can post your name over on the right. If you know someone who does not follow this blog but who plans to attend then please let me know so I can add to the list. I'm looking forward to seeing as many people as possible.

I wonder of Sandy Cole Raynovic could bring some Moose meat for a barbecue! I've never had Moose although I have had some Elk. It tasted just like deer to me.

I flew into Anchorage, Alaska on Labor Day, 1969 on my way to being stationed at the U.S. Naval Communications station on Adak, Alaska (an island in the Aleutian chain) and my flight out to Adak was cancelled so I had to take a bus for an overnight stay at Elmendorf AFB. We hadn't gone more than 1/2 mile from the airport before 2 moose (mamma moose and calf) crossed the road in front of the bus. An interesting experience!

No comments: