Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Michael Varner ::

I asked whether or not anyone had heard from Mike and got an e-mail from Jim Ring with Mike's last known e-mail address so I fired off one this morning hoping to connect and I was successful. Here is the return message from Mike:

Thanks for the message. I wasn't aware of the reunion. I guess I haven't been keeping up with things. What is the date?
At any rate I probably will not be able to make it. Right now I am in Phnom Phen, Cambodia and won't arrive back home until next Tuesday 24 August.
Sorry. I would love to attend. If there is any way to send greeting to my former classmates and friends I would like to do it.
Thanks.

Michael


I just got another e-mail from Michael a few minutes ago:

Thanks for the info Fred. I know I won't make the reunion. My wife was just in SC this past week at our house down on St. Helena Island. Next time I'm out that way I'll look up some of the guys in Camden. I still have a sister living there.
I'm here in Cambodia with Habitat for Humanity building some houses. We've finished up the work and I'm doing some sight seeing before returning home to San Francisco.
Thanks for keeping the Class of '65 connected.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sent my check some time ago and my name is not on the list - Also Susan Brown Mitchum sent hers & it is not there also. Let me know please if the check was not received.
Thank you. Sharon Morris Fulmer

Fred said...

Sharon, Johnny Jaynes has been sending me the names of attendees. My check was also cashed and I have no formal news of the reunion yet other that what I learned from Johnny.

I look forward to seeing you next Saturday evening!