Friday, September 10, 2010

All Things Change ::

I think that I must be getting more nostalgic as I get older. I remember driving by this building for many years and I always considered it to be a landmark. I am sure many people remember this as the garage in Lugoff with the Studebaker on top. I remember reading in the on-line edition of The Camden Chronicle-Independent a couple of years ago that the building was going to be remodeled. Here is the result:




A laundromat! The owner of the building could have at least remodeled as another garage. Here is what the lot looked like on a trip to Camden about 3 years ago:





I have to say that I very much prefer the the building and lot the way they were before the remodel job! Here's another view from the previous visit with part of the building visible next to the fence on the right:





At least they put the car back on top of the building. I happen to love Studebakers and I love seeing them restored. There used to be a garage up in Shelbyville, Tenessee specialized in restoring old Studebakers. Sadly it is now long gone also.




No comments: