Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Message From Jim Ring ::

About the reunion:

A week has gone by now but each day I think about the reunion last Saturday. What a great party! Jerry Sheheen and his crew did a fine job putting it together. Having not lived in Camden for 45 years means there were a lot of childhood friends I saw there for the first time in forever. My only sadness is that there just wasn't enough time to spend with everyone I wanted to. But that's my problem. Bottom line is that it was wonderful seeing so many people who were part of my youth.



Many thanks to Fred Deaton, Paul Rowell and Johnny Jaynes for taking all those great pictures. I look at them every day. The pics will allow me and everyone else to to look back on August 28, 2010 with great big smiles as often as we wish to.



It was sad looking at the board honoring the classmates who are no longer alive. I'm glad the committee made sure they were part of the reunion, at least in spirit.



Will we have a reunion in 2015? I hope so. We are not getting any younger and opportunities such as this are no longer in abundance.



Again, thanks for the great party. I had a ball.


I have to add my thanks to Jim's for the effort put on by the reunion committee to make this a great success! There will be more photos posted in the next couple of days. I have some from Bonnie and John Jaynes, but if anyone else has photographs they'd like to share please forward them to me and I'll put them up also. After looking through some of the photos I've downloaded I'm surprised at just how many people I did not get a chance to speak to!


No comments: