Thursday, December 27, 2007

English With Jerry Toms ::

As I get older I find my memories to be hazier about details, but relatively clear in other respects. I don't remember if we were juniors or seniors, but I remember having English with Mr. Toms right after lunch and, at least a couple of times a week, someone would decide that English after lunch was boring. I don't remember who did this, but the thought of one of the Burns boys leaps to mind, and a pencil point would be broken off in the door lock necessitating a visit from the janitor. In the meantime the class would be sent to the library and that pretty much killed the entire period.

We all remember that Mr. Toms eyesight was pretty bad and, once again, I don't remember who was the culprit, but often there were noises involving a straw, BB pellets, and the blinds.

There are some teachers I remember and others I don't. I fondly remember Geometry with Mr. Hipp. Well, let me amend that, I fondly remember Mr. Hipp!

Please, share your thoughts and experiences with me and I will post them here. There are several teachers I can see in my mind's eye, but my memory needs a severe jolt!

fred.deaton@gmail.com

We are wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Year
!

No comments: