Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Maiden Voyage

Hello friends. This is a new experience for me. I was recently reunited with a good number of fellow 65 classmates while honoring the memory of Michael Christmas. I've been to other reunions with more people and more fanfare I guess, but this one meant more to me than the others because of the fact that an old friend who died too young was remembered as the special guy that he was. I've always felt that we had an especially good group of folks in our class and the great positive response to the call to honor Michael proved that to be true. As I get older, I'm becoming very aware of how quickly time gets by and how good it feels to share a little time with the ones who have shared a nostalgic bit of that life with you.

1 comment:

Fred said...

Ah, Johnny, welcome here and I'm glad that someone else is posting. I would really like for this to become a community effort and I thank you for being the first. Ask all of the classmates who you're in touch with if they'd like to become an author and let's keep this going. It's a great way to stay in touch and share memories which I plan to do often.

Checking the stats I see that a lot of people have visited the web site.

fred.deaton (at) gmail.com