Thursday, March 13, 2008

Collecting E-Mail Addresses

I started a small project today to collect the e-mail addresses which the members of the graduating class might possibly like to have. Most of what I have comes from Buster's e-mail list and his list is pretty consistent, but I have been contacted by a couple of other classmates such as Doug Elliott and Keith Adams who were not on Buster's list that I normally receive. I would like to expand this list of classmates as much as possible and get as many electronic contacts as possible.

There are a couple of considerations I would like to address and Buster can help with some of them, but I would like to have the input of everyone who happens to read this.

First, these e-mail addresses will only be shared within the group submitting them and they will not be published on the web in any form from me. I have one active web site with a very robust spam filter and right now it probably is showing around 60,000 spams. I will not subject anyone else to such web abuse! What I am putting together is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with clickable links. I can send this as either the Excel document or as an Adobe PDF. The PDF would probably be most universally accepted.

There are some names and addresses on the list, especially from our female classmates, that I can not correlate to the maiden names and I would like to have some help on that. My list is fairly accurate based on what I have to work with but there are a couple of WAGs, so help me out.

You can leave your e-mail addresses in comments or you can e-mail them to me at the gmail address over on the right. I will compile the list and pass it on.

This has been an interesting exercise for me and I am personally grateful for the renewed contacts from those with whom I spent so many of my formative years! This electronic reunion has triggered many memories: some vivid, some esoterical, and some probably better forgotten.

No comments: