Monday, March 17, 2008

Visiting Camden ::


Right now the plan is to leave here sometime Thursday so I should be hanging around Camden sometime Friday and Saturday although I may make a short run up to Gastonia. I normally stay in Columbia and travel back and forth. I'll post my cell phone number in a day or so when I'm certain of the plans. My brother, Bill, has a new granddaughter (his first although he has 3 grandsons)and I plan to spend an inordinate amount of time cooing to her!

This photograph was taken in early May, 2006 on Highway 521 at the site of the old Haigler market. It's funny that I have little sense of North, South, East, and West when I visit Camden. Here in Huntsville everyone is very aware of their compass directions and when I lived in and around Atlanta I always knew my orientation. I'll try to watch the sun more when I'm there this coming weekend!

No comments: