Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fried Green Tomatoes!

I picked the last of the green tomatoes this afternoon and I fried them a short time ago along with some okra. Supper doesn't get much better than that!

On another note, I seem to be dodging deer on the rural roads much earlier this year than normal. I was basically stopped in the road this morning as a herd crossed in front of me. Well, truth be told, there were five or six and I stopped to watch them watch me. I leave for work at about 5:45 am and I drive rural roads most of the way and I must be constantly vigilant since the deer population is pretty huge around here. If I wanted to put one in my freezer I could go out in the back yard. I've also seen some large turkey tracks lately after rain and flights of geese routinely fly by just yards above the country mansion which reminds me of the hummingbird blogging. The Hummingbirds have been skittish for some reason the past few days, but I'm going to try again this weekend!

No comments: