Monday, August 18, 2008

Trip Postponement ::

We have to postpone the trip this coming weekend since our pet sitter is not available so we're hoping to make the trip two weekends from now which, I believe, will be Labor Day weekend. That might work out even better. I'll post some contact information when I am sure of the trip.

I could kennel Sable with our vet, who is absolutely wonderful, but Sable hates kennels and the only time she has ever snapped at me was when we returned from a trip to Camden and I went to pick her up. She forgave me for putting her in there with all of those strange dogs and I have never kenneled her again!



As you can probably tell I love my pets and I heartily recommend Chows as pets, especially female Chows. I have had several over the years, both male and female, and find that the females are much easier to get along with as the males tend to be much more stubborn. They are great inside dogs and pretty much train themselves and they are extremely protective.

When a stranger, or, for that matter, someone who we do not know well, comes to visit, Sable will position herself between Jeanie and the other person and either sit or lie at her feet unless the other person takes a step toward her. Then she will stand between that person and Jeanie. Thankfully we've never had to see what would happen if there was true danger, but I feel much better having her with us.

Sable stays in the house almost all of the time. When we leave to go somewhere, even for several hours. she stays inside and we never have any problems. Years ago when I lived in North Georgia my house was broken into twice in one week. I wish I had had a chow inside then!

No comments: