Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Post From Sandy Below ::

This is what I was hoping many more people would do. This isn't my blog-it's yours, and I would love for everyone to share whatever they may feel like sharing! Anyone over on the right sidebar has posting privileges here and I can open it up to anyone else who wishes to post. Just send me an e-mail to the address on the sidebar. So far only I have admin rights, but I can give that to others also and they can be shared. Anyone with admin rights can change the look of the blog as well as the content. It really is pretty easy! Don't worry about breaking anything--I can fix it!

Buster has sent me an unpublished story which probably most of you have also received, but I will post it in a couple of days here on the blog as well as a PDF link over on the right.

I can attest to the beauty of the country where Sandy lives although I have not been that far north. When I was in the Navy I spent a year on the island of Adak in the Aleutian chain and I loved every minute of it. The island was about 2 miles wide but I forget how long. On one side was the Pacific Ocean and on the other was the Bering Sea. Beauty takes many forms and the Aleutian Islands were the antithesis of South Carolina! One has not experienced cold unless 125mph winds are involved, but, luckily, this only happened for a few days during winter.

I have several friends who have done the Alaska cruise in the past couple of years and the all recommend it!

I wonder if Sandy keeps any Jack Daniels around for those bitterly cold evenings? Just curious since I live about 40 miles from Lynchburg, Tennessee which is, ironically, a dry county!

No comments: