Saturday, February 9, 2008

English Teachers At Camden High School In 1965 ::

A few days ago I made the comment that I do not remember many of the English teachers we had, other than Jerry Toms. A reader sent me this list after going through the 1965 yearbook:

Jerry Toms
Miss Brown
Mr. Caulder
Mrs. Childs
Mrs. Cox
Miss Craig
Mrs. Lindsay
Miss Ramseur

I remember Mr. Toms, obviously, as well as Mrs. Cox trying to make us understand how to diagram sentences. I wonder if that is still taught in school. Although I never had them I remember Mrs. Lindsay and Miss Ramseur (sister) who, as I recall, also coached the tennis team.

There is another English teacher mentioned by my e-mailer who, at his request, shall remain anonymous: Sylvia Livingston. Here is his comment:

oh yeah, to a seventeen year old male high school senior whose hormones were just then kicking into high gear, the very lovely Sylvia Livingston. 1964-1965 was, I think, her second year of teaching after college graduation. I didn't learn much English in her class but sure did drool a lot. SHE WAS HOT!


I don't remember Sylvia Livingston, but I wish I had a yearbook to refresh my memory. I well remember those raging hormones and young teachers were convenient triggers so our anonymous e-mailer can certainly be forgiven!

If you have any rememberances of these teachers please e-mail them to me and I will post them up here!

No comments: