Saturday, February 2, 2008

Teachers We Have Known ::

Somewhere in the e-mails regarding the memorial to Michael and its dedication a reference was made to Mrs. Zimmerman. This may have come from Buster, but I'm not sure. I have vague memories of Mrs. Zimmerman, but, as I recall, Mr. Zimmerman taught a shop class that I took and I still use some of his mathematical functions in regards to home projects to this day. I posted a bit earlier about Jerry Tom's English class, but I really don't remember the names of any of the other English teachers and I would love to have my memory refreshed.

In the meantime, who remembers Mrs. Schreiber's French class? As I recall I took 3 years with her along with at least 1 more year at Clemson. Ironically, after these years of studying French, I was stationed and lived in Spain for several years. One of my fellow students, I can't remember who, had the uncanny ability of sleeping through Mrs. Schreiber's French class with his eyes open.

I was discharged from the US Navy in Spain and stayed for a period of time. To this day it is the one country I have visited where I would consider moving to! If you have a vacation coming up I highly recommend a week spent in Seville during Holy Week. The Easter celebration goes on 24 hours/day!

No comments: